Founded in September, 1950, Qingdao University of Science and Technology （QUST） is located in the scenic coastal city of Qingdao known as the “Eastern Switzerland”. It was formerly known as Qingdao Institute of Chemical Technology and got its present name in March, 2002 with the approval of the Education Ministry of China. QUST is a key and multi-disciplinary university of Shandong Province. QUST has three campuses, Sifang Campus, Laoshan Campus and Gaomi Campus. The University has 4 postdoctoral research stations offering 21 doctoral degree, 122 master’s degree and 68 bachelor’s degree programs. There are 1645 faculty members, 740 of whom hold professorship；about 30,000 students, about 3000 of them being postgraduates or PhD students. In recent years, QUST has established cooperation relations with 64 universities of 16 countries.