Applying for student visa (X visa) from Chinese Embassy in Bangladesh
Before you go to China, you need to apply for the student visa (X visa) from the Chinese Embassy in Dhaka. Please go to the Consular Office between 9:00 to 11:30 in the morning of working days from Sunday to Thursday. It is not open in the afternoon. If you are holding official passport, you must replace it as a private one for applying for X visa. If the passport No. on JW201/ JW202 is the previous one and now you have the new passport, then please take your old and new passports together when you apply for visa. Here is detail information, How to apply for China Student Visa for Bangladeshi Students –
For applying for X visa, you should submit the following documents to the Consular Office in Chinese Embassy
1. Passport (original and photocopy)
2. Visa Application Form (see the link below on the website of the Chinese Embassy)
3. Two recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background
4. Admission Notice (original)
5. Visa Application for Study in China (JW201 / JW202) (original)
6. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (original)
7. Blood Test Report (original)
8. Bank statement of 2500 USD (last six months’ transaction record) and Bank solvency certificate (Also bring the NID copy of the person who will sponsor you)
Proof of legal stay or residence status. If the applicant is not a Bangladeshi, please present the original copy and photocopy of the resident permit in Bangladesh.
Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to foreign citizens who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport held and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
(1) Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school, university or other educational entities in China.
(2) Original and photocopy of “Visa Application for Study in China” (Form JW201 or Form JW202).
(3) Scholarship winners should present certification of their scholarship ownership. Self-support applicants are required to present bank statements. The bank statement should prove that the applicant has at least 2500USD each year for his/her study in China.
Please be advised that holders of X1 Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under local people’s governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners’ residence permits.
All X1 visa applicants should present themselves to this Embassy for visa interviews.
X2 visa applicants should follow the X1 visa requirements.
All X2 visa applicants should present themselves to this Embassy for visa interviews.
Chinese Visa fee for Bangladeshi Students
Visa fee: For Normal 2650 BDT (It will take seven days) and
for Urgent 5650 BDT (It will take 1-2 days )
PLOT 2 & 4, EMBASSY ROAD, BLOCK-1, BARIDARA , BANGLADESH
The Physical Examination should be done in the hospital instead of the clinic, and the Validity of the Physical Examination should be within six months until August.
It is reminded that all the students should comply with the laws in China as well as the rules and regulations regarding the management of Chinese University during their study in China. Any violation of the rules and regulations may lead to a suspension or termination of the admission.
Warm congratulations and best wishes to you all.